Testimonials and Reviews of my Poetry, Plays and Fiction
About Language Factory of the Mind
Language Factory of the Mind is a book shining with intelligence and wit. David Beckman has a poetic voice that’s both wry and lyrical. His work encompasses abstract, technological worlds while never neglecting personal, intimate ones.
– Susan Terris, author of The Homelessness of Self.
David Beckman’s poems give the mind free reign to explore that “edge” between quotidian reality and imagination. This is poetry of process, slowing down the act of imagining to such a degree that we experience what it means to be fully alert, fully active, fully alive.
– Gregory W. Randall, author of Double Happiness and Blue Water Views.
A stunning book, merging deeply felt emotion with stylistic skill.
– Ed Coletti, California poet and author of When Hearts Outlive Minds (Conflux Press: 2011).
Beckman’s poetry is a remarkable journey.
– Joseph Zaccardi, author of Render (Poetic Matrix Press).
About Under Pegasus
Under Pegasus is a richly textured story of self discovery … a love story, mystery and morality tale that elegantly blends classical myths with the bewildering choices of contemporary values…as thought provoking as it is entertaining.
– Sidney Offit, author of Memoir of a Bookie’s Son
A well wrought, touching first novel. Beckman is a novelist to watch.
– High Nissenson, author of The Tree of Life
About Becoming Walt Whitman
Becoming Walt Whitman is memorable, inventive and uniquely challenging [and] the star of the show is Beckman’s bold, questioning script.
– The Sonoma County Bohemian
Playwright and poet David Beckman has created a beautiful and deeply engaging tribute to Walt Whitman. It offers the rare and wonderful privilege of observing the foundation of genius. It is beautifully done, a reward for the mind and soul.
– Greg Angeo, Angeo Review
The play convinces as an authentic portrait of the poetic spirit.
– The San Francisco Bay Area Theatre Examiner